We have options to assist refugees looking to settle down or skilled migrants wanting to get established in the housing market.
We accept certain Centrelink payments as income, and can help you apply for government grants that can contribute to your upfront costs. Skilled migrants may also take advantage of the Graduate Loan’s 2% deposit.
How we can help
HomeStart is different from a bank. As part of the South Australian government, we provide home loans to help you get into the housing market and help make South Australia your home.
With HomeStart, you can:
- Learn about the home buying process in South Australia by attending a free seminar in Adelaide, or visit our educational website MyStart for useful tips
- Access interpreter services during a loan interview to help you understand how our loans work
What you need to get startedTo be eligible to apply for a loan, you will need to:
- Buy a home in South Australia for you to live in
- Be an Australian citizen or hold Permanent Residency or skilled migrant status in Australia
- Be over 18 years of age
- Multicultural SA
- MyStart, our educational website about buying a home
- Migrant Resource Centre of South Australia
- Immigration SA