Here's the HomeStart difference:
We’re unique in the market
We’re not a bank. Established in 1989, HomeStart is a State Government organisation that is 100% focused on providing home loans for South Australians. So while we’re a profitable financial organisation, we are also considerate of our social responsibilities. This means we’re always working on new ways to help more people get into their own home, sooner.
We want you to have a home loan that’s right for you
We have a range of innovative loans that can reduce your upfront costs and increase your borrowing power. We’re happy if you want to switch to a bank or credit union after a few years with us. We just want to get you into your own home sooner, so you can enjoy all the benefits of home ownership!
We're here to help you
Our reason for being is simple: to make home ownership a reality for more people in more ways. Based in South Australia, we have an experienced team who are understanding, friendly and committed to help you get in to your own home sooner.
Want to know more about what we do and why we do it?
Our reason for being is simple: making home ownership a reality for more people in more ways.
Our aim is to build an organisation which gives customers the chance to become successful home owners, sooner.
How do we do this?
- We develop ways to make buying a home achievable for more South Australians
- We create home loans that get people started sooner and provide a base for sustainable, affordable home ownership
- We encourage financial literacy through community engagement, including free home buyers seminars and sponsorships
- We provide our customers with on-going care and focus on what they value from us, so their great start can extend into a great experience
- We invest in our staff to maintain our culture of engagement and achievement, which translates into more productivity and more happy customers.
The HomeStart Strategic Plan for 2015 – 2018 aims to maximise the number of customers we can assist.
In doing so create a sustainable business that:
- Meets current and future customer needs
- Delivers the financial results and risk management outcomes necessary for our stakeholders
- Is relevant for our customers, government and the wider community.
Read more about HomeStart’s strategy
Our values are how we approach our work, relationships and customers.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Corporate social responsibility refers to the responsibility of organisations to ‘Make a Difference’ and contribute to the sustainable development of society as a whole. This involves operating in a socially responsible way that creates shared value for both the business and society.
In HomeStart’s context, our aim is to have a positive and sustainable impact on our customers, our people, the community and on the environment. We believe this leads to a sustainable business that creates value for our shareholder, the government of South Australia, and in turn value for future generations of home buyers. This is the essence of our social responsibility.
The principles that frame our approach to corporate social responsibility, and which align with our purpose, vision and values, are:
Within this framework, we focus on three priorities:
Discover how HomeStart can help you get into your own home sooner.
* Terms, conditions, eligibility criteria, fees and charges apply.