We understand you may experience difficulty in meeting your HomeStart loan repayments for a range of reasons. Our Customer Care Team can provide you with information and support to assist you if you are experiencing financial hardship.
If you have had a change in circumstances, such as loss of employment or illness, we encourage you to contact the Customer Care Team (82034756) to let us know. We can then assess your circumstances to see what arrangements may be available and suitable for you.
These are some of the things we may be able to offer you depending on your circumstances:
- An extension of the loan term
- A reduced short term repayment
- A short term deferral on your repayments
- Capitalisation of arrears
We want to help
The Customer Care Team are committed to restoring your financial position. The solutions we offer are designed to help you achieve long-term affordability of your financial commitments.
- A professional and understanding consultant will assess and help you with your request
- Your situation is unique, so the outcome will be tailored to your situation
- We can put you in touch with other services that may assist you
Am I eligible?
In the event you require temporary or ongoing financial assistance as a result of financial difficulty, contact the Customer Care Team on 82034756 to discuss your options.
To assess your situations, we will need to know:
- How your circumstances have changed
- How much you can pay towards your repayments
- What changes you can expect in your future circumstances
What are my rights?
The key frameworks that govern how we can provide hardship assistance to you are:
- The National Credit Code
- A responsible and ethical approach guided by our internal hardship policy
You may want to appoint a third party-representative or advocate, such as a financial counsellor:
If you’re not satisfied with the support we have provided, you have the right to lodge a complaint with our Internal Dispute Resolution
area and/or the Credit and Investments Ombudsmen
Where else can I seek help?
To find out more about financial hardship, debt, your rights and other options, you can visit: